Your Feedback Requested!
It has been a year since POCC has been open to the public again after longer than a year filling customer orders during the earlier days of the pandemic. During this time we have created a wonderful expansion to the store along with many other improvements to better serve our growing membership.
Careful planning goes into every aspect of creating our co-op and now the Board is seeking your input as we envision ways to insure ongoing success.
Please take a moment to provide your input regarding the store. Here are a few topics to get you started:
How do you feel about our products? We are open to product suggestions.
What do you think about our days and hours open?
How are our communications? What can we improve and how?
How should POCC continue to serve the community into the future? Other ideas?
Are you interested in volunteering?
Just click the Contact Us button above to send us your feedback. Thank you!
Meet our Farmers
OUR CO-OP IS GROWING DAILY
Over 397 member households strong and growing! Thank you for your continued support!
If you would like to donate, simply click on the DONATE button below. Look for more news as we grow our Co-op!
Thank you for your support!
Who We Are
The Port Orford CommUnity Co-op Board of Directors officially organized the Co-op as an Oregon Cooperative Corporation in November 2012. Once a location was selected, the Co-op opened it's doors for business Summer 2013, in conjunction with the Farmer's Market held in the parking lot.
The Co-op has received overwhelming support from the community of Port Orford through donations, memberships, letters to the local papers, and volunteers.
The presence of a local Co-op benefits the Port Orford community
by complementing the existing businesses rather than competing with them. The Co-op allows:
• Support of local farmers, thereby contributing to the continuing viability of local farms;
• Dollars circulating within the community;
• Easier access to a wider variety of healthy, organic and natural foods;
• An educational service to the community in regard to healthy living and health-supportive cooking and eating habits;
• A community meeting place for discussions and sharing information about the environment, economic localization, and other topics of concern;
• A financially viable enterprise that contributes to the economic vitality of Port Orford.