December 21 is member appreciation day! Come join us for warm cider, cookies and our RAFFLE drawing! Proceeds from the raffle goes to support our solar expansion!
Did you know that our co-op is nearly completely volunteer run?
If you are a member and would like to join our volunteer staff, please contact Foncy by calling the store: 541-366-2067 or drop her an email at: email@example.com.
Did you know that we have a donation fund? Ask us for details and help us help someone less fortunate. It is the time to be generous and be thankful for all we have.
Board Meetings: fall on the 3rd Tuesday of each month from 9-11am. Call the store for location.
Forms & Documents:
* Minutes from our Board meetings are now filed in the office and available in hard copy for your reading - just ask.
New! Check out our store videos!
Click on the heart below for directions on how to place an order via email
Sample E-mail Order
Meet our Farmers
Everyone is WELCOME!
We have beautiful organic produce, grab-and-go sandwiches, and
a wonderful variety of dairy, local fish and meats, grains,
nuts and more -
come in and see for yourself!
Our Vision for the Co-op Expansion
(scale model created by a dedicated volunteer)
Goals for 2019: To continue to strengthen our membership and store inventory. We are moving forward with our plans to make improvements to our equipment, building, and offerings. Read our story here.
If you would like to donate, simply click on the DONATE button. Look for more news as we grow your Co-op
Thank you for your support!
OUR CO-OP IS GROWING DAILY
Over 290 member households strong and growing! Thank you for your continued support!
Who We Are
The Port Orford CommUnity Co-op Board of Directors officially organized the Co-op as an Oregon Cooperative Corporation in November 2012. Once a location was selected, the Co-op opened it's doors for business Summer 2013, in conjunction with the Farmer's Market held in the parking lot.
The Co-op has received overwhelming support from the community of Port Orford through donations, memberships, letters to the local papers, and volunteers.
To learn more about how the co-op started, read "Our Story".
The presence of a local Co-op benefits the Port Orford community
by complementing the existing businesses rather than competing with them. The Co-op allows:
• Support of local farmers, thereby contributing to the continuing viability of local farms;
• Dollars circulating within the community;
• Easier access to a wider variety of healthy, organic and natural foods;
• An educational service to the community in regard to healthy living and health-supportive cooking and eating habits;
• A community meeting place for discussions and sharing information about the environment, economic localization, and other topics of concern;
• A financially viable enterprise that contributes to the economic vitality of Port Orford.